fbpx

Welcome to Write The World Workshops:

Writing Camps and College Essay Courses

Open Programs

Journey through dozens of prompts, videos, and resources to explore and reflect on YOUR story, in YOUR own words. You’ll walk away with a fully drafted, stand-out Personal Statement in hand, as well as a plethora of writing resources for college and beyond.

With Write the World’s College Essay Review, you’ll have a college essay editor on your side – anytime, anywhere. Submit drafts to our team of Expert Advisors for review, and receive fully personalized, multi-page reports within 48 hours.

Virtual Summer Writing Camps 2024

Jump into new genres of writing, connect with campers across the globe, and learn from notable authors, editors, and educators in Write the World’s Virtual Writing Camp for teens.
Whether you choose to spend your free time filling journals with poetry and prose or are new to putting your thoughts on paper, we welcome writers at all levels to join today and spend a week — or an entire summer — connecting & writing with peers worldwide!

About Write the World

Write the World is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, founded in 2012 at Harvard University, dedicated to equipping teenagers with the confidence and competence to change the world, one word at a time.

For over 10 years, Write the World has reached and improved the writing of over 101K+ teens and educators from 125 countries. We’ve empowered young people to develop their voices, refine their editing skills, and publish on our global platform. We pride ourselves on offering a supportive environment that prizes self-expression, safety, and privacy for young writers aged 13–19.

Our students access opportunities for recognition through our blog, online journal, and free monthly writing competitions that feature noted guest judges such as United States Inaugural Poet and Youth Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman; former speechwriter for First Lady Michelle Obama Sarah Hurwitz; and United States Poet Laureate Robert Pinsky. 

We created Write the World Workshops & Services to further inspire young writers to express themselves, write in a variety of genres, and boost their confidence. Our intuitive writing process and curricula are designed to develop teenagers’ writing and critical thinking skills, and empower young writers to become global citizens and succeed in school, career, and life.

Our Programs

Our on-demand Complete Your College Admissions Essay Online Course guides Juniors and Seniors through a step-by-step roadmap toward college essay success and develop standout essays. We also continue to offer our popular College Essay Review services, where students receive a comprehensive feedback report within 48 hours and have a college essay editor on their side – anytime, anywhere.

Our virtual creative writing camps also return every summer, where students (ages 13-19) experiment with the written word, try their hand at new styles of writing, and work with notable professionals to create pieces they’re proud of from the comfort of their home.

We look forward to writing with you!

Our Unique Approach

Methodology WtW Writing Workshops

Partner with Us

We are on the lookout for partner educators, counselors, schools, and consultants

“Write the World taught our students the essentials of writing a college essay in an efficient, student centered, and supportive way. Our students left this workshop with more confidence in their writing and a sense of ease regarding their essay. The small groups and 1:1 guidance from WtW advisors allowed for our students to comfortably open up and connect themselves to their writing.”

–  Genesis T., Partnership with TRIO Talent Search | GEAR Up Massachusetts, Lowell High School 

Interested in getting your school, company, or organization involved in our Writing Workshops or Services?

Please contact us to discuss:

Partnership and cross promotion opportunities

Private programs tailored to your requirements

Bulk registration discounts for classes and groups

Sponsorship opportunities

Scholarship nominations

Partners & Publications

What Our Students Say

“It all felt very personal, which I think is essential for this process.”

— Salish, 14, Canada

“I have a better understanding of myself as a writer. It’s a very positive and safe community to share and improve your work.”

— Tiffany, 17, United States

“It allows you to connect to young, driven writers. The staff is supportive and the expert reviewers are extremely insightful.”

— Geethika, 18, Singapore