fbpx

Virtual Summer Writing Camps 2024

Jump into new genres of writing, connect with campers across the globe, and learn from notable authors, editors, and educators in Write the World’s Virtual Writing Camp.

Please click each title to learn more and register for our online summer writing programs. Open to all levels of writers, ages 13 – 19Space is limited, so act fast!

Writing Camp for Teens: Registration is Open!

June 24 – June 28

July 15 – July 19

August 5 – August 9

Schedule

During camp, you’ll engage in interactive writing activities, connect with peers around the world, and work together to grow your writing skills.

After camp, you’ll work independently (and asynchronously) on writing prompts and activities, guided by peer and expert review, at your own pace, for a total time commitment of about three to four hours per day.

Registration is $275 for one week of camp. Register for 2+ workshops and get 15% off automatically!

On-Demand Course:

For flexible, self-paced programs, check out our online, on-demand college essay writing course below.

What Our Campers Say:

“This experience helped me grow because I was in a supportive community of writers. It was amazing to hear so many different perspectives.”

Cameron Hunt, 14

“Having another perspective on one’s work can be a very enlightening experience and it doesn’t have to be scary. My mentor was able to point me to new possibilities for my writing and my characters, and I’m very grateful for it. It’s really fun to give people reviews on their work.”

Minna Chow, 16

“I have grasped a better understanding of myself as a writer. I have learned the importance of balancing plot and description and dialogue, as well as integrating them in a more seamless manner. It’s a very positive and safe community to share and improve your work.”

Tiffany Leong, 17

Join Our Newsletter to Stay Up to Date!

Join our newsletter below for future workshop updates, new blog posts, and more! Please also check out our College Essay Writing Online Course and Review services.

As Seen In:

Questions?

Should you have any questions, we’re here to help! Please check out our FAQ below and reach out to our Program Manager of College Essay & Workshops, Janelle Milanes, at .

Virtual Writing Camp is an excellent way for teens ages 13-19 to explore a variety of writing genres within a supportive community of educators, authors, and peers. Whether your teen is an avid author or penning their first piece, we welcome their participation and will provide personalized feedback to accommodate different skill levels and strengths.

Yes. For camps that entail writing in a group on our website, the dedicated team of Write the World (WtW) trained site moderators will monitor young writers’ content following established guidelines. WtW is committed to maintaining a supportive writing community for its members.

Campers will work in small cohorts of about 20-25 teens to maintain cohesion and support community building.

WtW Virtual Writing Camps are led by members of the WtW team, trained authors and educators who work with our global community of young writers year-round. You can learn more about your teen’s teacher(s) on the product page of your chosen Write the World camp.

We will host 90-minute synchronous camp sessions, involving interactive writing activities, through video conferencing via Zoom each day. (Note: in most cases, these will take place from 11a.m.-12:30p.m. ET, but we will attempt to accommodate different time zones; if necessary, sessions will be recorded for those individuals who cannot make the live meetings). Then, in most cases, your teen will have a specific set of prompts and/or peer reviews to complete each day. This self-guided writing should consume approximately 2 hours each day, depending on your teen’s pace and approach, for a total of approximately 4 hours of camp engagement each day. 

Yes! We are pleased to offer 15% off when you purchase two workshops or more. 

Participants may cancel their registration for the camp at any time up to 10 days prior to the first day of the camp, and they will be entitled to a refund of the fees paid, less a $50 cancellation fee. Any cancellations made within 10 days of the first day of the camp will not be eligible for a refund. The participant must notify the camp organizer of the cancellation by email, and the date of receipt of such notification will be considered the date of cancellation. The camp organizer reserves the right to cancel the camp in case of any unforeseen circumstances, in which case participants will be entitled to a full refund of the fees paid.

0
    0
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop