fbpx

How to Get Published – Writing Camp for Teens

$275.00

Have you ever wondered what it takes to share your writing with the world? If so, then this workshop is for you! We will spend a week taking a peek behind the “curtain” of the publishing world to explore how best to find and share our identities as authors, seek “right fit” publication opportunities, write story pitches and book proposals, and more.

Learn more below.

Description

Curriculum Summary:

Participants of all writing skill levels will walk away with 9+ responses to writing prompts dedicated to numerous aspects of publishing (pitching, querying, crafting book proposals, developing an author platform, setting goals for future projects, etc.), as well as one finalized, submittable pitch and outline of a draft article. Writers will receive and provide written and verbal peer review from/for fellow campers and will benefit from individualized feedback from their instructors.

If you are curious:

  • how to write a pitch,
  • how to publish a book,
  • how to self-publish a book,
  • how to write a book proposal,
  • how to publish an article,
  • how to publish poetry,
  • how to get an agent, or
  • how to submit an oped, we can’t wait to dive into these answers, and many more teen writer’s questions at this creative writing camp focused on exploring writing for publication.

How to Get Published Virtual Writing Summer Camp for Teens (ages 13-19)

Schedule: August 5 – August 9, 11:00 am-12:30 pm ET

During creative writing camp sessions, you’ll engage in interactive writing activities, connect with peers around the world, and work together to grow your writing skills.

Between workshop sessions, you may be asked to work independently (and asynchronously) on writing prompts and activities, guided by peer and expert reviews, at your own pace, for approximately 1-2 hours, depending on your facilitator’s workshop plan. You will also receive individualized feedback that will strengthen your writing.

*Please note that we require all creative writing camp participants to appear on either video or audio during online group meetings (video is preferred, but not required).

A Zoom link to join us for our live, virtual online writing camp will be provided via email prior to the start date. Stay tuned!

Guest Speaker:

Louisa Irele

Louisa Irele

Louisa Irele is a Nigerian-American educator, book editor, and movement instructor who lives in Portland, Maine with her partner and two pets, KurtTheCat and KoalaDog.

Workshop Facilitator:

Brittany Collins

Brittany Collins

Brittany designs and supports educational programming at Write the World. She studied English and Education at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Creative Nonfiction at the Yale Writer's Workshop, and has published over 40 publications in such outlets as The Washington Post and English Journal of NCTE. Outside of Write the World, Brittany is the Founder of Grief-Responsive Teaching, a professional learning community dedicated to supporting students' and teachers' wellbeing in times of loss, as well as the author of Learning from Loss: A Trauma-Informed Approach to Supporting Grieving Students (Heinemann Publishing, 2021).

Chris Feeney

Chris Feeney

Chris is a graduate of Middlebury College, holding a BA in English Literature and Creative Writing. At Middlebury, he studied in a variety of workshops, ranging from poetry to playwriting to fiction, and spent a semester assisting high school students with writing their first full-length play as part of Vermont’s Young Writers’ Project. In addition to writing his own fiction, which has been shortlisted in CRAFT Literary magazine, Chris reads submissions for the New England Review. Previously a writer on Write the World, Chris now works as an Expert Advisor and Workshop Mentor where he seeks to bring out the best in a young person’s writing and to cultivate an enduring love for the craft.

About Write the World's Virtual Summer Writing Camps:

Jump into new genres of writing and connect with campers across the globe in Write the World’s Virtual Writing Camps.

Spend your summer immersed in a virtual community of teen writers from over 100 countries as you experiment with the written word, try your hand at new styles of writing, and work with notable professionals to create pieces you’re proud of… all without leaving your home!

Whether you choose to spend your free time filling journals with poetry and prose or are new to putting your thoughts on paper, we welcome you to join our week-long writing camps across genres in June, July, and August, 2024.

Have additional questions? Check out our parent and guardian FAQ’s here (scroll to bottom) or reach out to us at workshops@writetheworld.com to connect!

You may also like…

  • Intro to Creative Writing - Writing camp for teens

    Intro to Creative Writing Summer Camp 2024

    $275.00 Add to cart
0
    0
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop