fbpx

Humor Writing — August 9-13

$249.00

From stand-up comedy to satire, the Sunday comics to a seriously funny serial, there is a delicate art involved in making people laugh. In this workshop, we’ll learn to wield the written word to share humor with the world, taking a look at how word choice, tone, context, allusion, metaphor, and delivery all contribute to effective— and hilarious!—writing.

Meet the Workshop Facilitator below.

Out of stock

Description

Humor Writing Virtual Writing Workshop — August 9-13  (11am-12:30pm ET)

For young writers ages 13-19

During camp, you’ll engage in interactive writing activities, connect with peers around the world, and work together to grow your writing skills.

After camp, you’ll work independently (and asynchronously) on writing prompts and activities, guided by peer and expert review, at your own pace, for a total time commitment of about three to four hours per day.

About the Facilitator: 

Sarah Garfinkel Headshot, Virtual Writing Workshop for Teens, Humor / Comedy Writing Sarah Garfinkel is thrilled to be facilitating Write the World’s Humor Writing Camp. She sees humor as a powerful method of engaging and connecting readers and she views satire as a tool for social change. She aims to create a warm, welcoming, and supportive environment for writers to observe the everyday humor in the world around them, experiment with comedy, and connect with other writers from across the globe. She can’t wait for this week of fun and laughter. (Is it August yet?!)

 

 

 

Faizah Aziz Aditya hails from Dhaka, Bangladesh, and is passionate about writing, literature and education. Her poems and essays have appeared in Lamp Anthology, The Daily Star, and Dhaka Tribune newspapers, and Active Muse, Double Speaks, and Urbane Verse, and The Uyir Magazine. After completing her B.A. in Interdisciplinary Politics, Philosophy and Economics from the Asian University for Women, she has taught creative and academic English to high school and college students, and adult learners across a range of settings. Currently, she is pursuing her Master in Adult Education for Social Change (IMAESC) at the University of Glasgow as part of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree (EMJMD) Programme. Faizah has always felt at home with words and teaching, therefore, she is thrilled to be joining the Write the World community, and to collaborate and learn alongside the talented emerging writers of the world.

Have additional questions? Reach out to us at workshops@writetheworld.com to connect!

0
    0
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop