fbpx

Screenwriting — July 12-16 (11am-12:30pm ET)

$249.00

From timeless blockbusters to sensational serials, there is—behind every great movie, show, or short—an equally great writer wielding words to create entertainment. But how often do we stop to consider and appreciate the elegance and mastery required by the art of screenwriting, let alone have an opportunity to try our hand at the craft?

In this workshop, explore the power of dialogue, the intricacy of body language, scenery, and nonverbal cues, and the real-world relevance of screenwriting as you work to grow and hone your writing skills.

Meet the Workshop Facilitators below.

 

Out of stock

Description

Screenwriting virtual writing workshop— July 12-16 (11am-12:30pm ET)

Virtual summer camp session for young writers ages 13-19

During camp, you’ll engage in interactive writing activities, connect with peers around the world, and work together to grow your writing skills.

After camp, you’ll work independently (and asynchronously) on writing prompts and activities, guided by peer and expert review, at your own pace, for a total time commitment of about three to four hours per day.

About the Instructor:
A graduate of LA Film School’s Production program & UMass Amherst’s “180 Days in Springfield” M.Ed program, Wade Wofford is one of two passions: educator & filmmaker. 

Wofford co-owns a micro-budget studio, Happy Wasteland, based out of western Massachusetts. He has written, directed & produced dozens of film and TV projects. Most substantially, he wrote/directed/produced two micro-budget features: PERCEPTION, which won Best Drama at Hollywood’s DIY Film Fest; THE ANSWER, winner of the Rising Star Award at Canada International Film Festival. He DP’d Happy Wasteland’s third feature, HEROES DON’T COME HOME, which world premiered at TCL’s Chinese Theater. His environmental script, PLUS 50, is under option with Cake Studios. His script THE SOUTHERLAND SCHOOL won Best SciFi Screenplay at Nashville Film Festival. Currently, he is in post-production on three shorts as a proof-of-concept for a 5-season episodic series he created with partner Jake Hulse, SEMBLANCE. He is also in development on URBAN ED, which won the Page/New England Fellowship to Stowe Story Labs, which is slated to film in the summer of 2022.

Faizah Aziz Aditya hails from Dhaka, Bangladesh, and is passionate about writing, literature and education. Her poems and essays have appeared in Lamp Anthology, The Daily Star, and Dhaka Tribune newspapers, and Active Muse, Double Speaks, and Urbane Verse, and The Uyir Magazine. After completing her B.A. in Interdisciplinary Politics, Philosophy and Economics from the Asian University for Women, she has taught creative and academic English to high school and college students, and adult learners across a range of settings. Currently, she is pursuing her Master in Adult Education for Social Change (IMAESC) at the University of Glasgow as part of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree (EMJMD) Programme. Faizah has always felt at home with words and teaching, therefore, she is thrilled to be joining the Write the World community, and to collaborate and learn alongside the talented emerging writers of the world.

Have additional questions? Reach out to us at workshops@writetheworld.com to connect!

0
    0
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop