fbpx

Writing to Change the World — August 2-6

$249.00

Writing is not only a form of art but activism. The stories we tell are tools for shaping the kinds of communities we wish to see, and to belong to. From spoken word poetry to opinion essays, letters to the editor to a short story whose conflict inspires us to see our world anew, the written word allows authors everywhere to change the way people perceive one another, as well as the world around them. In this workshop, we’ll explore a range of writing styles that allow us to share our voices with the world, advocate for causes we care about, and, in the words of Gandhi, “Be the change [we] wish to see.”

Meet the Workshop Facilitator below.

Out of stock

Description

Writing to Change the World — August 2-6 (11am-12:30pm ET)

For young writers ages 13-19

During camp, you’ll engage in interactive writing activities, connect with peers around the world, and work together to grow your writing skills.

After camp, you’ll work independently (and asynchronously) on writing prompts and activities, guided by peer and expert review, at your own pace, for a total time commitment of about three to four hours per day.

About the Instructor:

Writing to Change the World virtual writing workshops for teens educator

Faizah Aziz Aditya hails from the bustling, chaotic heart of Bangladesh, Dhaka, and is passionate about writing, literature and education. Her poems and essays have appeared in Lamp Anthology, The Daily Star, and Dhaka Tribune newspapers, and Double Speaks, and Urbane Verse, and The Uyir Magazine.

After completing her B.A. in Interdisciplinary Politics, Philosophy and Economics from the Asian University for Women, she has taught creative and academic English to high school and college students, and adult learners across a range of settings. She completed the CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) from University of Cambridge English in 2021.

She anticipates pursuing her Master in Adult Education for Social Change (IMAESC) at the University of Glasgow in the Fall of 2022.

Faizah has always felt at home with words and teaching, therefore, she is thrilled to be joining the Write the World community, and to collaborate and learn alongside the talented emerging writers of the world.

 

Have additional questions? Reach out to us at workshops@writetheworld.com to connect!

0
    0
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop