Telling Your Story: Micro-Memoirs and Memory Maps – Virtual Writing Workshop
June 22 and June 29 (on Zoom from 7PM to 8PM EDT) –
Each workshop is a unique experience with two live sessions on Zoom, plus time in between sessions to expand and complete draft stories.
All Ages Welcome.
Your workshop experience will include:
- Creating word and picture Memory Maps to shine a brighter, more literary light on significant people and places
- Recalling the sights, sounds, tastes, smells, and feelings associated with memorable past events and incorporating these into tiny (100 word) image-rich stories
- Listening to and discussing compelling micro-memoirs to understand the power of this format
- Writing your own micro-memoirs (and optionally sharing them within the group for peer feedback)
- Optional guided writing exercises between the Zoom sessions to practice and polish your work
- Refining your writing and storytelling goals for the future
These small group workshops (maximum of 12 participants) encourage story sharing and exploring new techniques with writing guidance from expert Write the World teachers.
Register for one, two, or all three Write the Family workshops this summer to discover and share the stories you’ve always wanted to tell!